Having fried shrimp for super but can't decide what to fix with it.

A lot of the time i fix some sort of rice, but we had rice pilaf last night. I need some sides.Not really in the mood for mashed potatoes either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• french frys... tatter tots.. yummy or chips
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Some sort of pasta or a salad, or other steamed vege's

Answer by louise2 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• French fries, and salad...HMMMMM
    Blesstravelmom

Answer by Blesstravelmom at 7:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I like the steamed veggies idea! We had fried shrimp today also, but I made fish tacos with it....YUM!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 8:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• veggies. salad. corn on the cob.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My mom taught me how to make fried noodles and cottage cheese. No, you don't fry the cottage cheese, silly! You cook soup noodles like you usually do, then after you drain them, you add them to a frying pan with half a stick of butter or marg, 1/2 of a chopped up onion, a little bit of garlic powder and some salt to taste. Fry them until they're nice and crispy and starting to get golden, and serve with the cottage cheese on the side! MMMMmm with the shrimp, that's my favorite Lenten meal! Now my mom's gone so it's nice to remember her like that.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 9:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• make a shrimp po boy!!! get some hoagies toasted, lay the cooked fried shrimp down, shredded lettuce and onions (fried onions, or onion straws are really good here too!) then make a garlic mayo (mayo, minced garlic, salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon) and spread it on the sandwich. DELICIOUS!! serve with sweet potato fries ( you can buy them frozen now) and a salad or red beans and rice (vigo is easy and tastes great) :)
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 10:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009