Are any of you mother of a teen parent?

how did they tell you? What was your reaction? how did you deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• its not about how YOU deal, its about helping your teen deal
    Anonymous

• Its about both. I can understand a parent being lost if their teen tells them they are pregnant.

I do agree that you have to pull yourself together quickly b/c you have to be the leader. Even though they feel like they know what they are doing, they usually dont. They need someone (their mom) to get them on the right track.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would be very angry at her for not having common sence and respect for herself. I'd also be very ashamed of her for acting like a trampy teenager. I think people on here are fools for saying support them, THEY know what they are doing and what the consequences are, but alls they care about are themselves and not about how it will affect an innocent child and their family. Eventually I will have to make myself come around because an innocent life is involved, but in the beginning it will be total disguss.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• alright staceynoel, change your tampon and calm down. teens have sex. what, would you love your child any less if they ended up in this situation?

having sex doesn't make you a trampy teen, sleeping with the entire football team does. jesus.

yeah, they know the consequences, but what about those teens that are using protection? they're taking precautions against those consequences...
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 7:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i never saw myself as a tramp. sure i had a kid when i was 16 but thats the ONLY man i have ever slept with. i thought trammps slept around with MULTIPLE people.

when i told my mom i was pregnant she cried and i cried and we all cried together for awhile. but in the end she suported my and my bf i finished school and he had a job and suported the baby and i got a job when my ds was about 4 months old. i finished school and we raised our baby on our own. i did a damn good job raising my son. "trampy teenager" or not
    shanna01

Answer by shanna01 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• When I told my mom she cried for days but supported me in any way possible, when I told my dad he asked me to move out and move in with my mom and give the baby up for adoption. But I kept her and now he has come around and my daughter is the best thing that has happend to him.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 11:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh look, it's staceynoel being her rude self again! Wow are you judgemental, I feel bad for your kids. I bet they're really messed up in the head with a mom like you.

OP, I've never been in that situation, but I decided a long time ago that if one of my girls gets pregnant as a teen that I will try to help them as much as I can. I know I will be disappointed, but I want them to learn how to take responsibility. I would try to guide them through everything and help them as much as I can.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• First of all I have to say I have been in this situation. Had my son when I was 16. And I thank god and the world I had my mother beside me. Before this happend to me, we didn't talk, was not close. Things wasn't exsplained to me. ( Not that I didn't understand what was going on. But there was not a openness ,Possibley cause I was the only girl with 3 brothers) But don't believe that just cause things are not talked of that they could and would not happen to you or someone in your family. Now my son is grown living on his own and doing well for him self. I do have 2 teenage daughters. One of witch ( 17 yr old ) came to me just this last week wanting to talk about being put on the pill . She's had the same boyfriend for almost a year now. I WILL not turn her away OR JUDGE (as some would)for asking for help BEFORE hand . So my biggest advise to ANYONE is talk with your kids. Let them know they can talk to you as well. Thanks
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Oh wow.. staceynoel has very hurtful words. D:
    I didn't tell my family, they just.. sorta.. caught on after 7 months of no periods and getting a belly..
    Plus I didn't know, or want to believe I was..
    They took me to the hospital and found out I was 7 months along... I'm now 8 1/2 months, and still don't know how they reacted.. they were like "omg; she was the least expected to get pregnant!" just because I'm weird.
    Staceynoel sounds like my aunt; funny thing is no teenager actually stops and thinks "oh, gawd, i'm doing a bad thing" it's natural for people to have sex. My aunt calls me a tramp, whore, slut, everything in the book.. but what she doesn't understand it was my frist time.. I didn't mean to... emotions & deeply in love got in the way.

My family gives me hell about it all, but I know once he gets here it'll all be worth it, it's mind over matter, age is just a number, it all depends on your maturity level.
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 5:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2009