attention all mommies!!!! help!!!

my 7 mo old is cutting her first tooth. she is miserable! she cries all day and she cant sleep. ive tried freezing a teething ring, but it doesnt help! any advice tat worked for your little one?

p.s. i give her tylenol twice a day for the pain, is that ok?

lovinsophie

Asked by lovinsophie at 5:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for my kids i always get a washcloth and soak it w/ cold water and then ring out the extra and let them chew on that. it always helped my kids. good luck
    shanna01

Answer by shanna01 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The tylenol is perfectly fine. Try Orajel numbing cream and Teething tablets both can be found at walmart. They really help them relax and sleep.

Also while she is awake. A chilly washcloth is better than a teething ring. Mine liked it anyways. Just dont FREEZE it. Just get it chilly. lol They suck away on it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Cut a cold dill pickle in half long ways and let her suck on it, and try teething tablets they work great.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Motrin works better since it's an anti-inflammatory. Let her munch on some frozen fruit. Try a cold wash cloth. Do you have any baby orajel? I didn't use it often with my son (he just cut 2 teeth).
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I use teething tablets,orel gel, and celery.. Put the celery in water and put it in the fridge and give it to them.. My son loves it and it works great.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes, he is old enough for Motrin. I agree it does relive pain better than tylenol.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• baby oragel
    crapppppy

Answer by crapppppy at 6:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Baby oragel was a waste for us. It only lasts about 10 minutes and can only be used 4 times a day... so you end up with a whole whopping 40 minutes of less pain out of 24 hours. Whee! (Read the label folks... this is a DRUG and can not be used any old time, in any quantity that you choose).

Baby motrin is great. It lasts twice as long (8 hours) as baby tylenol. You can also give the tylenol more often - every 4 hours.
    Teething tablets are great too. They don't help with the pain but they help with the fear and irritabilty. You can give them along with pain meds.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Kaylee never liked frozen foods or anything cold, except for an ice-cube wrapped in a damp washcloth. But I had to hold it for her to chew on, lol.

Other than that, food wise I gave her Gerber Biter Biscuits. They are very hard and solid...they don't break off in their mouth and are great for them to chew on something hard to counteract the pressure they are feeling in their gums. Watch out though, they are messy, so if you use them, have your little one in a high chair, and make sure to keep an eye on her.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hyland's Teething Tablets

Tylenol up to every 4 hours

Motrin will help with the swelling, however, if you've not given it before watch for stomach upset. None of my boys can take motrin...it makes them puke.

Mesh feeder with an ice cube.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009