Do you ever try to better yourself, your life, your actions and reactions?

Lena240

Asked by Lena240 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes i do. I'm very agressive in my mind with what I know to be right. So in treating others I try to remember that they have the right to be as agressive themselves in their thoughts of rights and wrongs too. I try to apologize outright or more gently for my wrongs, and I see my hubby and kids are like that too. Sometimes though because of things that have happened apologies are hard to make but important to do, that's what I tell my kids and what I hope for all of us and everyplace.
    Sentences can be reworded and rexplained or an apology can be made outright. Words are important but letting bad words linger and fester leads to war.
    Anonymous

• Everyday. I also try to give my opions as nicely as I can without hurting someone else's fellings. It is so important to me to be tactful and not rude with things I say, and if I am I try my best to apologize.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Every day of my life. I have been having a problem the last few days. Then today I heard on a show about being grateful. How this really does help us live better lives. So I am trying to focus in on that right now. I mean instead of the frustration that I have been feeling about the 'toxic" people.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Every day I try to improve something about or within myself. I try to learn something new and I open myself to a new concept. I also believe it is important for me to shut up and listen once in awhile...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• All the time. I am a work in progress.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am trying to better myself now, I am going back to school and start at the end of May. I lost my job last Feb and have not found a permanent fulltime job, just partime work. Then the state offered to pay for 2 years of tuition and books through the Dislocated Worker program and I am using that. Within 4 yrs I will have a Masters in Social Work and be able to find a job where I can support myself and my son without help from anyone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I do it when I can remember. A little each day. I'm constantly screwing it up, falling back into old habits, but I'm becoming more aware and so its easier to try to change. Its been over a year that I've been working on some of the things I want to change, and some things are more recent. You just do the best that you can with what you've got. You're always going to find something wrong, something that needs fixing... I don't know your feelings on the Lord, but giving those things over to Him is hard, but so worth it. That's another struggle, letting go of my crud and letting Him deal with it and make me a better person, but its been worth it. I'm more forgiving of myself. :)
    KnLzMom

Answer by KnLzMom at 2:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009