A friend of mine is trying to be me...What should I do?

This girl I have been friends with for 6+ years is copying EVERYTHING I do and its getting really weird. For instance she keeps all of her kids (3&2)toys and things in their bedroom and I keep most of my sons things in the family room so he can play and spend time with everyone in the same room, last week my friend bought the same toy tubs and moved all her kids things into her family room. She buys the same things that I buy such ad the Wii, games for the Wii, boardgames, baby things even though she does not have the money to do so. She even called today just to find out what I'm making for dinner and said that she was making the same thing! My husband jokes that she is going to break up our marriage so she can be with him and have my life...It's weirdin' me out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• You have your own mini you. lol. That is weird, I have no advice, maybe tell her that she is freaking you out.
    Anonymous

• I think you are overreacting
    Anonymous

• A little psycho.
    Anonymous

• okay so start acting like her and then she will act like herself and you can go back to acting like you. lmao just joking it is wierd dont give her anymore info about what you are doing or buying if she calls tell her you are busy and hang up if she asks what you are having for dinner make up something really yucky or say leftovers. i dont know i would distance myself fast.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Next time she asks what you are making for dinner tell her Liver & Onions.
    Anonymous

• restraining order lol seriously just tell her its kinda creepy...maybe shes jealous of ur life..idk..its freaky lol
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• LOL. I agree with the liver and onions answer. Seriously. Give her weird answers when she asks you. It'll be fun! I had a girl do this to me that I barely knew. I worked with her for a few months and she kept asking what type of jeans my husband wore and things like that about him. Was going to buy her boyfriend the same cologne I get him too! I told him what a weirdo she was turning out to be and he came up with something I refused to do. He told me to go to work and tell her he found a great cologne called Fox Lure. In case you dont know...thats fox pee : )
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Tell her you are going to shave your head and dress like mimi from the drew carey show. Then tell her you are going on an all pork rinds diet.

Anonymous

• didn't they make a movie like this? Just tell her that she needs to find her own identity and be herself and that you feel she's relying too much on you.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Single white female! STALKER freak!
    Anonymous