Did you know Sandra Cantu's body was found?

This just scares me so much. My oldest daughter is 7.5. I just don't get why this happens, especially when looking at his from a religious standpoint? Why would this happen to a little girl?

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Never heard of her.
    Anonymous

• yes im watching HLN right now...
    its horrible.
    we need to make harsher laws to make sure our children are safe...every where you turn another child is missing and is then found dead. its horrible. poor girl my heart goes out to her and her family.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes, it is heartbreaking, but I wasn't really very surprised unfortunately. It seems like most of these cases end this way. I don't look at it from any sort of religious standpoint--it happened, some horrible monster did it to her, and it's got nothing to do with God, whether one believes he exists or not. People do shocking, terrible things all the time, to each other, to animals, to themselves. I feel so, so sorry for this little girl and her family. I can't even imagine and don't want to try. My older daughter is almost the same age as this child.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• sadThat is so sad. :( I hope they find the sick person who murdered that sweet baby girl. May she rest in peace.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I really thought they wre going to find her.
    i was suprised...
    poor family .I hope they hanging in there strong!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• People are always so quick to blame God for the tragedies of life. It's TERRIBLE that the poor girl went through all of that...the sick person that killed her is to blame...not God.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm not blaming God, but from a religious standpoint, why would he not step in and spare or help her. I can totally agree that this horrible incident is not about God, but when so many do believe it makes sense to ask about it, don't you think? Why this child and not that one? Why is one found, and another not? I don't place blame, except on the person/monster who did this, but if you are really a religious person is there an explanation? This is he case with lots of things that seem so unjust or not right.......

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes I know about it .. I live 25 mins from there. She has gone to Heaven. You know if you want to know why... you may benefit from reading The Shack by William Paul ..... last name escapes me lol
    Why do these things happen?... sin on the earth and man's free will. All I know is she is with the Lord and she is happy.
    I have friends who have girls one who lives in Tracy as well. The others are here where I live.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• William P. Young :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The sad thing is, with everything happening to children these days, I'm not surprised. I'll be praying for her family.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009