Are abnormal pap smears during pregnancy normal?

I just found out that my pap smear came back abnormal. They found cells that could be cancerous. I'm trying not to stress out and worry too much about it until I know for sure what is wrong. Should I be worried? Is it normal?

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is very normal. Don't stress about it. Sometimes it is just your body reacting to the pregnancy. Mine came back abnormal when I was pregnant, and they did the test to see what it was. I was just like thousands of women, normal, nothing was wrong.
    Anonymous

• It is very normal because your hormones are all out of whack. I had an abnormal one at my 6 week check up and they also told me it could be cancerous cells. It turned out to be nothing and they said it was because I had just given birth and was breastfeeding so my hormones weren't normal at the time.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• it is completely normal i had one while i was pregnant they told me the same thing i freaked out.. it scared me to death.. but the cells werent cancerous they said a lot of women have abnormal paps while pregnant... i had one after my daughter and everything was fine...
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 6:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• mine came back abnormal too with my first and i'm fine. So i think it's completely normal
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Mine came back abnormal too. I go in a few weeks for another pap and i'm scared. but reading what some of you ladies have been thru has definitly eased my mine alot! So thank you so much!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009