has anyone made a diaper cake

My friends dd is having her baby shower and she really wants a diaper cake but I really am not sure how to put it together. I have diapers,recieving blankets,socks,booties,bottles,pacifiers. And ribbon and tulle to wrap it. I just cant get the detailed idea if actually uting it togther. so if anyone has any pics or advice that would be great. thanks!

kyfiregirl

Asked by kyfiregirl at 6:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• my sister made one for my shower...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• There are two basic designs. You can roll each one into small rolls, using safety pins to hold them in the rolled up shape. Then wrap the ribbon around them to hold together. The other design is easier and you just roll one diaper up, and then layer them around each other in a spiral, pinning them on. Everything else you just use for decoration.
    Anonymous

• she put her name on it there and those dots are little pink rhinestones and then all the decor baby powder hair brush pink bandaids pink sanitizer pink barrets she held the diapers together with clear little rubberbands. she held the cake together by sticking a wooden rod thing down the center of the cake.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Photobucket
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Photobucket

I made both of the above. For the girl's cake I took small silk flowers and poked them in around like a real cake. With the boy's cake I hung paci's from ribbons. To keep the layers from toppling over, I used a thin dowel rod (you can get them in the craft section at walmart) and snipped it shorter. I stuck it down inside to hold them together rather than taping them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• wow, that looks so complicated...thanks everyone!
    kyfiregirl

Answer by kyfiregirl at 9:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I've made a few and it was really easy! I didn't roll the diapers as shown in the cakes above, I spun them around and I think it looks better that way... If you need help send me a PM.
    Jess6700

Answer by Jess6700 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2009