cleaning house

ok so my apt. is so messy that it is now so much for me to deal with. i really need some help. i just cant take it anymore but every time i start to clean it just seems to be to much for me. and to top it all off i have to clean and declutter everything here in a few months b/c will be moving with the army. so please help me with any tips that you girls have.

cowgirl856

Asked by cowgirl856 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• www.flylady.net
    Anonymous

• This site is great

http://lifeorganizers.com/Organize-Your-Home
    Anonymous

• As you are cleaning and organizing ask your self if you actually need and use everything you have. If you don't need and use it, then trash or donate it.
    Anonymous

• Do one room at a time. Tell you get it all straightened out.. We moved about ever 3 years when my DH was in the army. Pcsing is a good time to get rid of stuff you don't need or want anymore.

Answer by louise2 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• As you clean, have a box ready for anything that is being donated (stuff that is good enough to reuse but you don't want) & plan on making several trips to donate items. If one room at a time is too much, break it down even more (a dresser or closet or half of the kitchen cupboards--whatever works for you).
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I use the one room a day method. Then every morning, I make sure that room or rooms is picked back up and cleaned first before I tackle the next room. Having your home clean and organized creates a calmness in the spirit. Ever wonder when you see out of control kids in an out of control home?

Then get a couple of good sturdy boxes, even rubbermaid from Walmart and mark one as storage, and one "give away" or yard sale, then as you go thru that room, you can organize and get rid of stuff that you don't need. I started my kitchen the other day (I do this twice a year) and already I've filled 2 boxes and several bags. I plan on having a yard sale.

I love the feeling and the smell of a clean and organized home. :) Also, I found the Mr. Clean with Febreeze (the blue one) smells so good, I run around spraying everything clean. aaaaahhh good smells. ;)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2009