Do you make your own baby food at home?

My son is ten months old and I would like to make food for him at sometimes, other than the usual stuff like mashed potatoes and such so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Please share your "recipes".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Kaylee (10 1/2 months) just eats everything that we do, just in moderation with little to no seasoning. Just make sure veggies are super soft, meat is well done, etc.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I always made our own baby food, squash, sweet potatos, applesauce, peas just about everything. I would make a large batch and then I would put it in ice cube trays and then transfer to a bag. When they first start out they ate one block of the food and then as they got older I knew to take two or three. I really did not want to giat we ate right off them what we ate right off because I add spices and butter and things like that and I knew that it would be a little bit harder on their digestion. As they started getting older I would do the same things iwth meal like lasagna or spaghetti. I would cook it and then put it in the food processor which we spent like 10 dollars on, it saved us a ton of money. I really didn't realize how much until I went on an extended vacation and actually bought baby food. mashed bananas were always our back up food we could make it anywhere with a fork.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i used wholesomebabyfood.com alot! They have recipes and combinations of foods for babies.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 7:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Made my own baby food. At this age, they ate what we did and I just ran it through a baby food blender. No spicy, hot or anything like that.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 8:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We used a little food mill. DS had whatever were having and I would just grind it up, add a little water or breastmilk if it was dry (like chicken) and voila. dinner for the little monster. We took that mill everywhere, peoples houses, resturants, camping...:D
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 9:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I just threw everything in the blender, and pushed puree. . .

baby food is expensive.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2009