Mommas...question about allergies!

My son is four months old and I've been giving him a very small, diluted amount of juice each night before bed because he had a very rough time switching to formula. The juice is apple flavored and I wanted to know if since he's had no reaction to that, if a very SMALL amount of babies first apple sauce mixed in with rice cereal would be ok to try on Easter? I put it in his basket. :]

ours

Asked by ours at 6:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would think that apple sauce would be fine.

The main thing to remember at this stage where you start experimenting with different types of foods is to:

#1 Don't try more than 1 food within a 3 day period (some people say 3 days, some say 4, and some say a week. My Pedi said 3 days)
    #2 Keep track of what she has eaten so that when you start with the mixed baby foods (apple-strawberry, mixed berries, etc.) you know what is safe and what you need to watch her on.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Sometimes starting off with something sweet can mean lots of trouble getting them to eat bland ol' veggies. That would be the only concern.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009