Yes or no?

I'm 39 weeks and due in 5 days do you think if I ask my doctor tomorrow about inducing me or stripping of my membranes ?

Will she or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends on the dr. my dr wanted to wait until i was over 40 weeks to induce.

but ask them theres no harm in it! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• They may want to wait until you are 40 weeks unless there's some issue. But, most doctors will agree to stripping the membranes. Mine did it without even me asking. All doctors are different though...it couldn't hurt to ask to have your membranes stripped. I'd hold off on asking to be induced though. JMO.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 6:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• you can decide. I would not allow my doctor to do either of them. I am very pro natural birthing.... my second was a homebirth and it worked our so much better allowing everything to be done naturally.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh I really honestly would love to do it natural. My dh is deployed I live alone...I do have a doula...but being pregnant (first time) I don't think I'll know when to call my doula and what not if that makes sense.
    Anonymous

• Mine wouldn't unless there was a medical reason.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm thinking that if you asked your doctor to do this you should give him a good reason as to why you want this done. Why can't you just wait the 5 days, let nature take it's course and have things progress as they should? Let your little one make his first decision as to when he wants his birthday to be. www.newmommteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 7:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• She might, or might not. It really just depends on the doctor. Most probably wont. You could just lie and say you are really uncomfortable and not getting sleep or something i guess. I wouldn't really do that myself but you COULD. Good luck and i hope you see your lil one soon!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You could just lie and say you are really uncomfortable and not getting sleep or something

Do not do this!  Don't lie!  That could cause you and your baby some sort of damge if you do.  can't believe someone would even suggest this to you.  Talk to your doctor truthfully.

Anonymous

• i went to midwives and they wouldn't induce me til i was 42 weeks. there's a pill called evening primrose (i think you can get it at most herbal stores and even some drugstores) and they dissolve and you can take them orally or insert them in your vagina and they are supposed to help stretch out the cervix. it doesn't induce labor but i guess it can help it come naturally
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• no go have sex and walk it out
    missmack084

Answer by missmack084 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009