HELP!!!!!!

usually my 4 month old sleeps well and eats atleast a 4 0z bottle every4 hours. for the past week, she has only wanted to eat like an ounce every 4-5 hours.....i cant make her eat anymore than that she will not take it. she wakes up every 30 minutes wanting to play and laugh.....but wont eat no matter what....im running out of options....what can i do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing you can do, its possible that she is going though a growth spurt. Kaylee would do that and it would last 1-2 weeks. Don't be surprised if her nap times start changing too.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Is she eating formula?? maybe her tummy is upset...does she have a fever?? Is she teething? My DD started teething at 3 months. Maybe the formula doesn't agree with her or maybe she has gas...I don't know what else it could be. Sorry
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• well....I had tried her on solids. Gerber 1st's (sweet potatoes) and it seems like thats all she wants. and i cant just give her baby food. she needs the nut. from the formula. but nothing else will do but that babyfood. i try and try to get her to eat her bottle she wont....then i try the babyfood and she eats it right up.......
    Anonymous

• YOU CAN'T FORCE A BABY TO EAT.
    WHEN THE BABY WANTS TO EAT THEY
    WILL. IT IS TIME TO TURN YOUR
    BABY ON TO SOLIDS AND IF YOU DONT
    WANT TO BE STUCK FEEDING
    SOLIDS ALL THE TIME INTRODUCE
    IT TO THEM IN THEIR BOTTLE (YOU
    CANT DO THIS LONG TERM THO
    BECAUSE THEY MUST LEARN TO
    EAT FROM A SPOON)
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 7:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• How long has it been going on? She could be teething and not want to take the bottle. Could be getting sick. Sometimes their throats can bother them when sick. My dd would get thraot infections with her ear infetions and iddn't like to eat then.
    Anonymous

• loss of appetite can be serious, i would talk to my doc asap!
    vannasmommy2009

Answer by vannasmommy2009 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009