My son won't sleep at night anymore. I put him down and he wakes up right away!! please i need advice

austins_mommy21

Asked by austins_mommy21 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him cry it out for a little bit. My daughter does it as well. She might cry 10 to 15 minutes then goes to sleep. He knows you will get him if he cries, its hard to let them self soothe but its a part of their development.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well how old is he? Mine is 3 montsh and hasnt slept by himself ever so far. He is always in arms. It is exhausting but its his comfort. In a few months hopefully he will sleep in his crib.... I heard of C.I.O. but thats after 6 months or so. Just make sure he doesnt hurt himself. My baby cries so hard he loses his breath and starts choking.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 7:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Need more info. What's changed? How old? Do you rock then lay down? Does he sleep in swing but not in crib? Does he cry like he's in pain or just the move wakes him? Sometimes it can be as simple as warm arms holding him then the cold bed wakes him. Maybe try puting to sleep wrapped in a blanket then when you lay down, he'll still be on the blanket so no temp change. Does he nap well?
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i lay the shirt that i wore that day inside out and flat on his matress then lay him on it
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Given his age he could be going through a growth spurt in which case he is achey and that boths them more at night.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Let him cry it out a bit and then get him. My son has been sleeping through since 2 1/2 monhs, however, sometimes he wakes up within a half hour of going to sleep. He'll cry for 5 - 10 minutes and fall back asleep.
    Anonymous

• let him cry for 10-25 min at a time and check on him, check his diaper. pat his back for a few seconds, try to soothe him, then give it another 10-15 min if he is still crying.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2009