I need advice!!!

So my dd just turned 4 months on the 6th and i was wondering.....is it possible to have had ppd and it just wasnt evident, but kept gettin worse, and then just now notice it??.....i have majpr mood swings, nothing my poor husband does is right, her crying makes me wanna tear out my hair.........i cant get the house clean enough....nothing eve seems like its in the right spot...I got so mad at my husband a few days ago that i just left....at 3 am......I dont know what to do??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah it is possible..I think you can get depressed at any age of you child...I get depressed all the time. Just see a counselor or tell you doctor. I suggest having a close friend to always be able to talk to! GL hun
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well maybe... But it also sounds like you need a little me time. Go get a pedi or mani - something like that.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes. PPD can start anytime in the first two years. You can go along just fine for months and months and then WHAM!

Go talk to your doctor. PPD doesn't get better without help. With help, it can take a couple years. Go.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i am a sahm....and im with her 24-7 i never get a break. when my husband comes home at night from work, i know he needs his sleep....so i sit with her all day, then at night when she doesnt want to sleep.....he may help for a total of 2 hours a day. and when he's doing that he just wants to sit and watch tv and hold her ....and she wants to play so he gets aggrivated. but then i feel like a bad mother because i want to get away from her.......im so confused......
    Anonymous

• My son is just now 5 months, and I truly believe I've got a small onset of it. I didn't want to think that's what was happening. But I can't seem to quit biting my poor husband's head off. And I LOVE that man, he is my everything. He was actually the one that brought it up, and everything makes sense. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it soon. Just try to get some extra help, good luck sweetie, lord knows we'll both need it! Message me if you need someone to talk to, I need help as well. lol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• in the beginning like the first 3 months...I used to cry like every other day. It started to get kinda funny when my hubby asked me if I have been crying like every time he saw me. I think now my son is 6 mo old I feel much better. I get my depression and mood swings but I also feel a lot of love too. On the weekends when I can have the car I don't even wanna head out. I do get lonely during the week days but cafemom seems to be addicting. lol. hang in there. Let your hubby give you some time alone and he can take care of your daughter. Take a long hot shower too...that helps get the head straight too.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My Lo is 9 mts. today and ya know it is tough being a mom. I have my ups and downs and sometimes I just wanna leave. But all in all I think with time it will get better! Good luck!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2009