My due date changed!

Is it normal for you to measure a week ahead? I just left my prenatal appointment thinking I was 16 weeks but I measured at 17 so my doctor pushed my due date up from September 23rd to September 15th!

NJMom2Tyler

Asked by NJMom2Tyler at 7:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • Lucky you! When you are in the last few weeks of pregnancy, it seems like an eternity. You will appreciate it later. It is not unusual for dates to be changed and changed again as your pregnancy develops. Your doctor knows best.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 7:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Always trust your FIRST ultrasound done around 8 weeks for an accurate due date. The rest are adjusted with size.
    Anonymous

• your most accurate due date is measured from the 8 week ultrasound. i wouldn't stress about your due date being moved up it may or may not happen...
    Anonymous

• Remember, your due date is an estimate & delivering within 2 weeks either way of that date is considered on time.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My first pregnancy, my due date was changed AT LEAST six times. All the dates were within a month and a half period. So I didn't know if I was due in june or july. It was crazy. I delivered in May. haha. but i also would go with funnyface's answer. two weeks early or late is on time, oh yay. good luck and yes, it's normal =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• They changed my due date after my 1st ultrasound as well. I was due August 18th and now its August 9th. I was confused about this too and my doctor said that when they do the ultrasound...if the baby's measurements differ from the date of your last period by more than 7 days...they'll change your due date. It could just mean your baby is growing at a more rapid rate now and it will start slowing down later on. It could mean you weren't quite accurate on the date of your LMP. I wouldn't worry about it. Only 2% of women deliever babies on their due dates anyways so the odds of you having this baby on that day are very slim anyways. He/she could come out sooner...could stay in longer. No biggie
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009