why not adopt?

i feel that everyone has the right to have as many kids as they can afford and love. but everytime that i see the dugger family or anyone that has more then 3 or 4 kids i wonder why they didnt adopt a few kids that have no family to love them. i have 2 kids and i have twins on the way and i think that is enough. if i want more then i feel like i should adopt. do you agree or disagree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree. I want to adopt a little green man. Can you help me?
    Anonymous

• I agree.. however, I cannot speak for those people who choose not to.. maybe its the price of adopting, or just the mere fact they want to have children of their own instead of "someone elses child".. who knows?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I agree with BEXi. I thought about adopting several times. There was a little girl who I use to care for and I swear if her mother told me, I can't take care of her anymore could you please keep her, I would do it at the drop of a hat. I loved that little girl sooooo much! Her name was Bliss. Aww, I miss her.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 7:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i have thougth about adopting later on in life. but it is harder adopting a child then it is geting preg and its more emotionaly hard too
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• umm What? not everyone has the same desires and goals as you do. Some people want to have their OWN children. Not everyone is comfortable with the idea of raising a child that is not their's.
    Anonymous

• Even if adoption was free, I don't think I could do it because I don't want someone else's child. A lot of people don't mind, but I would.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 7:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I don't mean this in a nasty way, because I believe that in almost 99% of us, family size is a personal choice. But, where do you draw the line. I have 2 kids, one boy, one girl, so should I say that you know, you have 4 kids (the 2 you have, the 2 more you're pg with), so instead of having the 2 you're pg with, why didn't you adopt?

Or the people with one child, looking at me and saying you had one, why didn't you adopt after that?

Or, for that matter, the people who say there are enough people in the world as it is, with enough children in need of homes, so why have kids at all, we should only adopt as long as there are so many needing homes...

My point is, it's a slippery slope you're suggesting, one that you might find that others think you're already half way down yourself....

Like I said though, personally, I think it's everyone's personal choice, so congrats on the twins :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It's an option, but maybe you'd like to follow the governments examples these and make it mandatory?
    Geesh. The Duggars religion doesn't permit birth control and the lord will give them as many children as he sees fit. I don't think they should stop having babies because there are children who are in orphanages. Why not have the States make adopting easier and cheaper so more people would do it instead of bad mouthing people who don't desire to adopt?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think this is a very personal choice. For some adoption fits, for others it does not.

The Duggars have a lot of children, but they support each and everyone of them and the kids are have amazing manners and are bright. Why does everyone bash them, this is AMERICA you can have as many children as your heart desires.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• some people might bash you and say geesh 4 is too many, why didnt you have one and adopt 3. how could you have 4 and not adopt a couple.
    Anonymous