I'm going to cali next week on the airplane

Is my son going to be ok on the plane hes 14 months old..any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think he will be fine. I would suggest bringing somethings he like to play with, some books as well as some snacks. You may also want to bring a blanket as many airlines are no longer offering them. Many airlines do not offer snacks anymore and if they do they are pricey.

The most difficult time we had with kids flying is the landing part. When the ears start to pop they sometimes got cranky or had ear pain. Best way to help this is something to chew on to help pop the ears and something to drink. If he starts to cry just comfort him the best you can and know that it will soon be over.

Have fun and enjoy your trip
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 7:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am a very experienced traveler with children. I take 8 plane trips per year and have brought all of my children with me since they were 3 months old. This is what I recommend.
    --bring a laptop or a small dvd player. I did not let my kids watch tv at home until they were 2 but made an exception for cross country plane travel when they were over 6 months old. good shows that hold interest for 14 month olds are group are blues clues, barney, and sometimes sesame street
    --if you are traveling with your husband and don't have a seat for you child make sure you and your husband get window and aisle and hope the middle is free (if not just offer the middle seat passenger the aisle since window is helpful to distract the baby looking out).
    --walk the aises once or twice
    --favorite books and foods, sippy cup at take off/landing but not if they are sleeping
    --some "bad foods" with no sugar (cheetos)
    --pacifier if he uses one
    Anonymous