Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boyfriend is keeping my son from me how can I get him back?

I've made some bad choices in the last month. I'm 23 and live with my 30 yr old boyfriend/baby's daddy. I was tired of being abused. I never called the cops on him because I didn't want him to be able to be there for our son. I chose to leave and like I said I made some bad choices. I never put my son in harms way. I wouldn't do that my whole life I've wanted to be a mom. I feel like I maybe am having a hard time growing up and facing the truth. I sleep in my car outside our apartment and come in when my son gets up. Today would have been the first day I have spent with my son in a week. It is killing me to not have him. I don't know how he doesn't understand this. But I didn't get Carter because I asked for his carseat and needed to go to the bank. He doesn't think I'm safe to drive my son I think it's a sick game of control with him and I don't know what to do and who to turn to. Someone please help! I want to hold my baby!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (7)
  • Call the police. he cant keep your son from you.

    You need to take your son and go find shelter at a family members house or an abuse shelter.

    He sounds like he needs some professional help that you cant give him, get out for your babies sake.

    Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • No one can keep you away from your son, unless the court decides have the right to be there with him just like your bf does...I dont know what kind of bad choices you made but I would call the police on my bf and hold my baby again....No one in this world can take me away from my baby not even her father...hell no...i gave birth to this angel ans she is mine first...unless the child is in harms way...If i wasnt able to be a good parent then I would acctually want my husband to keep me away from her but in your case really stend up for yourself and call the police.

    Answer by AngelasMom2006 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • Depending on what these "bad choices" you made were, I'm not sure if you are indeed capable of taking care of this child. And in no way am I putting you down, but since you weren't specific (and I don't blame you for that, this isn't the most compassionate group of women out there)........then I can't say for sure. If you are positive you are in the right and are a competant parent, call a lawyer. Call LegalAid in your area if you can't afford one. If however, your baby is being taken care of, has food and shelter and is not in danger.......then maybe it's for the best he stays where he is???

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • I would not leave your child with him. If you leave, you take care your child. Unless one person is sober and the other is not. It depends who is safest for the child.

    Answer by mommylovesu28 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • YOu need to call the police now. He has no right to keep you from your son and if you allow him to do so for an extended period of time he can get you for abandonment. Call the police now!

    Answer by salexander at 10:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • you need some help that we cannot give you. Call the police and make a report against him. You need to take your child and get far away. If I was being abused I would leave with my children in a second. Who knows if he will turn on your child.

    Answer by heatherann0221 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

  • well first of all there isnt a person on this earth that oculd ever keep me from my child. second you need to call the police if you are not married and unless you have gone to court and there is a court order you get the child. Unless it is in writing that he gets custody of the child. at least that is how it is here and I know from experience my hubby had his visitation with his dd and the mom got mad at him for something stupid and they didnt live together she called the police and told them she wanted her dd back and because there wasnt a visitation in writing my hubby had to give his dd to her crying and screaming she wanted to be with her dad. but she is the mom and they werent married so call the police get your child and go to a womens shelter if you have to.

    Answer by unicorn54166 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.