Surprise baby shower...

So today my mom, grandmother, aunts and a lot of women I was always really close to growing up, show up at my house and throw this amazing surprise baby shower. We had all been hoping that I could go to my mom's house for a shower but since I'm high risk and she lives two states away, it didn't work out that way, so they all packed up and came here, including one aunt of mine from Georgia (I'm in Louisiana). So here's the thing, what could I possibly say in the thank you cards that would in any way express just how much I appreciate what they did for me? I mean seriously, they didn't have to do all this and they've been planning it since the dr said I couldn't travel until after I had my daughter (due in July) Even my DH was in on it, I just don't know what I could say to let everyone know how much this meant to me, any ideas?

heratyc

Asked by heratyc at 7:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• 1. Mention the specific gift in each note. Simply saying, "Thank you for your generous gift" feels too impersonal. It is much better to say, "We truly loved the snowsuit -- baby ___ will stay warm and snuggly all winter long!"

2. Be sincere. Find something nice to say about every gift that you received.

3. Make their day to know that they chose the very same book that you loved as a child or an outfit that reminds you of one you saw on your spouse in an old baby picture.

4. Be sure to thank each person for their presence at your shower. Let them know what a pleasure it was for you to spend time with them. Mention your feelings from that day.

5.Take the time to mention the gratitude you feel--be sure they know how much it meant to you!

6. If your baby has already been born by the time you mail the thank yous send a photo of your little one--preferably wearing, using, in or near the gift the recipient gave you! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. I made sure I personalized every card. Since they are a close family, I wanted each one to feel special if they saw each other's cards. That way they'd know I didn't just say, "geez thanks so much, love you." let it come from your heart, you are obviously grateful. don't complicate anything, just try to remember the best parts and let your pen flow! congrats and take it easy!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Let them know your heart felt feelings of gratitude, just like you did here. When the baby is born, make sure you get a pic to those special women as soon as you can. When you can travel to your mother's with the baby, do so. Have a thank you tea for those same women while you are there. Let them enjoy the baby while you serve tea and finger sandwiches!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009