I am 8 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first baby! So i have no idea what to do during pregnancy! BUT I fell down the stairs today on my back but i still am worried.. should I go to the doctors? or should i just rest because i didn't fall face first??

I just recently went to the doctors and i heard the heartbeat and everything looked fine. So Hopefully everything is still ok.

MoMmYtObEtO1

Asked by MoMmYtObEtO1 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Falls later in pregnancy are a major concern to YOU because pregnancy hormones loosen up your ligaments and you are more prone to serious injury. But in early pregnancy, a fall is unlikely to hurt you or the baby (as long as you are otherwise health.)
    Pandana

Answer by Pandana at 2:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i wouldn't worry as much if there was no bleeding. but do tell your doctor on yoour next visit.
    krystiansmom06

Answer by krystiansmom06 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'm sure baby is fine....falls like that happen and the baby is well protected...it's later in pregnancy that it can be an issue. Like pandana said if you are otherwise healthy you have nothing to worry about... just rest and take care of yourself (and baby)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Thank you! that helps me out a lot!
    MoMmYtObEtO1

Answer by MoMmYtObEtO1 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i fell and they told me to come in! better safe then sorry
    shetibo

Answer by shetibo at 10:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• personally, i would go. You cannot be too careful. Placental tears happen easier than you would ever imagine. Don't worry yourself over it, but maybe just double check.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2008