Evap line or a positive?

Ok, so I took a test Fri (FRER), and within the 10 mins I got a VERY faint line showing positive, which I had my mom and SIL check to make sure I wasn't crazy, lol. Well, this was early in the morning, and when my hubby got home that evening, the line was gone! Same thing the next day. AF was due yesterday, and I got a BFN this morn. Could I be having a chemical pregnancy, and miscarrying? Or could I really be pregnant? Or maybe they were evap lines? Anyone have this happen to them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its probably an evap line. Get another test and try again.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• If it took 10 minutes then my guess and experience says its just evap lines. Good luck and test again in a few days.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It was there by like 7 mins, but it disapeared a few hours later, on both of them. Thats what is bugging me. Can a true positive disapear? I read that some can become faint and hard to read, but has anyone actually had this happen to them?
    Anonymous

• Technically, If it shows up within the time frame, it's supposed to be positive.

I've never had one disappear, in fact, I still have the positive tests with my daughter and my son (they are almost 4 and almost 2), you can still tell they are positives.

Maybe it was the brand you used.

The only thing you can do is wait it out and try again in the morning with the same brand that you used the first time. Good luck.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Mine was VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY faint. So faint I thought that it could be an evaporation line.
    But it turns out I was only 2 weeks pregnant so my HPH levels or whatever pregnancy hormone it is, was low. So just to make sure that I WAS pregnant, I took another test that had two lines so if the second line showed up, I knew for sure. lol. I hope this helps! I was really confused too!!
    LillianG

Answer by LillianG at 10:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2009