I found this and I wanted to know what it meant exactly...Can you help me?

Heaven has no rage, like love to hatred turned,
Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well my interpretation is that nothing is as bad...including hells inferno as love thats died or a woman who's been mistreated or hurt.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• there's not really any hidden meaning to that. it's pretty straight forward. love turned to hatred embodies such a rage that nothing in heaven could compare (aside from God's wrath). and NOTHING in hell is anything near as scary as a woman who has been crossed...by YOU.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• this was written by a man for men by the way. it's hard for women to really get this statement. it's a man telling other men, WATCH THE HELL OUT IF YOU CROSS YOUR WOMAN!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I agree with pp, to me it means that there is nothing as powerful as that all encompassing love that has turned to hate...all that devotion turned to rage and burning hurt.
    a woman scorned kinda could tie into that as nothing is more deadly then when I womans love for something/someone turns to the polar opposite-hatred. just like some will go to any legths when they love, the same can be said for their level of hatred.
    great question tho...made me use my brain lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• and adeline...as a woman lol I completely "get" and understand the woman scorned thing, wether or not it was written by a man...we as woman love with no limits and will walk thru fire for that love...but when it turns and all that passion goes to darkness...scarey stuff.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• lol, yea I agree bearsjen. I didn't say all women wouldn't get it. just that it was hard for some. I think there are some women out there that just haven't gone through that.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2009