The other part of the question...

Mandatory expenditures are projected to exceed federal tax revenues sometime between 2030 and 2040 if reforms are not undertaken.[15][16] The severity of the measures necessary to address this challenge increases the longer such changes are delayed. These organizations have stated that the government's current fiscal path is "unsustainable."[17]
Contents
[hide]

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 7:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Taxes have to go up. Spending has to go down. That's the only way to fix this. I know people don't like it, but that is the only way.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• All the flipping spending with the bailouts and this massive stimulus crap only makes it worse.
    Anonymous

• That's why 'President Barack Obama pledged to shape a new Social Security and Medicare "bargain" with the American people, saying that the nation's long-term economic recovery cannot be attained unless the government finally gets control over its most costly entitlement programs.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The government already owes the social security administration, the PEOPLES money, millions of dollars in bonds they never repaid from borrowing from the fund in the past. If the administration wants to save money they need to start at the white house and work their way down. They can save millions of dollars just in little things that people don;t realize. Gas for government vehicles is one. If employees could not use these autos for personal use, it would save tons of money. Fancy lunches, fancy decorating, guest meals charged to the government. All these little things add up. If the American people are expected to continue to pay the bills then I think we should have the right to say how the money is spent.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well, the government is going to have to give up the "nanny" state and let people take care of themselves. If no one is taking care of you, you will take care of yourself. I am sick of our hard earnd money being flushed down the toilet.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm a christian, I don't mind helping others who are less fortunate.
    Anonymous

• How much and for how long?

Use your money to do it.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

Yes, but when do you cut it off...I've been paying into it since I was 16....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I do use my money, and have no problem giving it.
    Anonymous

• Can we sell off Alaska to pay for it? Maybe Russia would like it back!
    Anonymous