have you ever lived with your mother in law? If you did, did you get along?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I lived with my first MIL for 2 years while I was pregnant and up until my daughter's first birthday. It was fine during the pregnancy - she was very pleasant. After I gave birth, though, I was just a piece of dirt and she acted like she wanted to be the mother of my child. I know I was a new mother, but she just HAD to be the first with everything that happened with my daughter. The first to hold her, the first to give her a bath, the first to feed her solid foods, she even tore off her umbilical stump so she could be that special person it happened to! My poor baby bled for days, thankfully not a lot, but I had to keep it covered and cleaned. I was so happy when I moved out of there.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yeah and well No!!! My mother in law does like me though cause she wanted me to have an abortion and I didn't. I love my little girl!!!!!! (She's 4 today!!!!!)
    mika0216

Answer by mika0216 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am living with my mother in law right now. I have lived with her for about 4 years now... Somedays we fight boy do we fight... but at the end of the day i see her as my mom and she see me as her daughter. We moved from Alabama to Georgia when she left her husbend when i found out i was preg. I of courese had twins i need her help as much as she needs mine. Of course i wish i had my own house from time to time but we save so much money this way from both familys. besides she has her own little place up stairs it was rentavated into a motherinlaws suite.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes I've lived with my mil and yes we got along
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• yes we did and we got along w each other in front of my DH bc I knew we needed the help & she had no where to go but its no secret his family doesn't like me but they 'pretend' real well I'm just glad we live w my parents now. DH even says its so much better here he loves my parents and there is no fighting :)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 8:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i have yes and no we did not get along she was WAY to controlling this is why i cancelled my wedding because she was right and i was wrong worked out best for everyone hes married and happy and i had a baby and have a wonderful SO now
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 8:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have never lived with my MIL. I think at first we would get along, but as time wore on we wouldn't. They go to bed at 8 pm and I don't. I mean my kids do and that is my down time, I can't imagine going to bed that early who does that?
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 8:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We stayed with her for a week one time. That was a week too long.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes for about 3 weeks, It was bad.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009