Did you go to the hospital thinking and wanting to have a natural NO epidural birth and just couldnt?

Just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no i new from the beginning i wanted an epidural i don't do pain well
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i was 15 when i had my first baby so i DEFFINATLY wanted the epi lol and im glad i got it b/c he was almost 9 lbs :| but my last two i had natural :)
    shanna01

Answer by shanna01 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes. I didn't want an epidural at all. However, my water broke at 36w 6d and I ended up being induced. After 30 hours of labor I couldn't do take it anymore. I was so exhausted, so I got one, and ended up having him 6 hours later...
    Anonymous

• I knew I wanted an epidural from the beginning too.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i did not want ANY drugs going into it. i was induced at 8 am and by midnight i was still only 6 cm. the drs pretty much talked me into getting the epidural and i'm glad i did because i went through eleven more hours of labor before they gave me a c section. i wish i had been able to have a natural birth but it just didn't work out that way and there's nothing wrong with getting the epi
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• im going to try and do natural i hope i can take the pain cause i really dont want the epi
    bubbleburst1

Answer by bubbleburst1 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i wanted it with my first and couldnt cause i diolated to fast but its was a quick but painful labor. with my second one i got the epi and reacted very badly to it so by the time the pushing came it was all worn off so pointless for me.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I really wanted to have a natural birth but I ended up needing a scheduled c-section for medical reasons. I went into labor the day before the c-section and I'll tell you right now, it hurt so bad! I pride myself on having a high pain tolerance and I am definitely not a baby, but contractions hurt unlike any pain i've ever felt. I was in pretty good shape going into it but you really can't prepare your uterus for the pain of contractions. Don't feel bad if you end up with an epi. I had all these fears from reading about natural birth that an epi. would ruin things or make breastfeeding harder, but that never happened.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 9:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• yes with my first son i wanted to do it all natural but after 24 hours i had to get the epidural i was so exhausted....
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 12:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I went in with the natural mindset and succeeded. It is possible.

RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2009