Braxton hicks contractions??

i was wondering if there was a number of contractions you can have in an hour ive been having like 7 or 8 and im not full term yet, i was just wondering if i should call the dr. ive been having the same thing for the past couple days now im 33 weeks

ilovenoah26

Asked by ilovenoah26 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 36 weeks and I have them a lot!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i think you're supposed to see how much time is between the end of one and the start of another. it usually goes in a pattern so if you're contractions are just random all over the place it's probably not real labor
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• like r elizabeth2290 said as long as they aren't regular you should be ok, however if they are with cramps I'd call my doc just to be sure... Sunday that happened to me and they had to give me a pill to stop them cause they were real contractions, better to be safe than sorry!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I had braxton hicks contractions with both of my pregnancies starting at around week 20. I had them anywhere from a few times a day to all day long several times each hour. The doctor said as long as they are not in a consistent pattern like every 5 minutes or every 10 minutes, then I shouldn't worry. Just drink alot of water and try to rest on your side.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 8:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• once you have actual contractions, you'll know it, you wont even bother asking
    Anonymous