Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated... what does this mean to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It sure explains much of the opinions I read here, ;)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I guess that explains why Atheists are hated so much.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• beeky...that was correct for most people :)

it means that people instead of being upfront about their feelings and opinions turn to hate to solve their frustration..i could be wrong but it sounded right in my head :)
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I agree a lot of you have demonstrated that same point.
    At least we can agree on that.
    Anonymous

• it happens when we no longer are reasonable that we resort to outright attacking other people because they say that what one person holds as their belief is wrong and give their reason's why THEY believe they are right,, some (because they don't know how to defend their believe or don't know how to agree to disagree) will become defensive...
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That's an interesting and enlightening statement.
    I have seen too much of that around here lately.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• When someone or thing in your life is constantly telling you all of your faults/sins and you are hating parts of yourself, or others due to their teachings- because of your cowardice/inability to stand up for the right/hard way.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think it means that people hate when they feel scared by someone/something that they either can't or don't want to understand.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think hatred goes deeper than just being afraid. Hatred is a learned behavior much of the time. If parents are racist/prejudiced then they will often teach that to their children.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Intresting statement, but not sure I agree that its enlightening....IMO there can be various forms of "hatred" and therefore each various form can be interprutted differently. In some cases it may be a "coward's revenge" but in others, I feel it is an emotion that can directly correspond with other emotions, including love. Such as; if someone harmed my child, I could feel hatred for that person. That wouldn't make me a coward, it would be an emotion of its own identity brought about by tampering with another emotion.

In general an ok statement, but inaccurate for many purposes.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2009