how do i get along with all 6 of my siblens

I live n a small town n okla there was 8 of us but 1 sister died of cancer shorty afer r dad died What is left is r mom aka ringleader 4 boys &3 girls its 1 big b low up after another me &the 4 boys & mom live here my 2 sisters dont but they always got there noise n it i need help THERE driving me insane

lanegirl

Asked by lanegirl at 8:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I am the oldest of seven... and honestly you'll have this for the rest of your life. Just try not to take sides and try to be the peacemaker.
    Anonymous

• First thing, you have to realize this is normal for a family. When you lose your father, it's a big adjustment and you have also lost a sister. Everyone in the family has to reposition themsleves to get comfortable again as a family. This happened in both my husband's and my family when we lost our fathers. In my case, my mother was the "ring leader" so alot of our relationship and routine stayed the same. My husband's father was the leader there so his mother fell apart and it threw everyone off. I had just had my first baby so I was also fightling for my husband's time. He was torn between helping me and helping his mother. My point is that some confusion and conflict has to happen to work through the change in your family. If you can get a counselor to help you, do it. That person will be ovjective and help you do what is best for you. Love and forgiveness will help you go the distance. So sorry for your loses.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Can i be specific too? Ask yourself what you want when it comes to your relationship with your siblings and your mother. How much time can you spend helping your mother. Do you care if you get along with everyone or is one sibling really important to you? It's not necessary to work things out between your siblings. Don't take on anyone's problems or feelings but your own. Get some feedback from your children and/or husband if appropriate. (Of course I am referring to adult children if you have them.) When you know what you want and need, you can bow out of things other people expect your to do or say or be. Remember your husband and children come first. Your family of origin is grown now and everyone is responsible for himself.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Move out!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009