pregnancy and a new relationship

Alright so I'm about 4 months pregnant and the father of the baby and I have split. I'm 18 years old and there is another guy that is interested in me...I'm not ready to get with him just yet but I was just wondering...how many of you have had a situation like this before? And what did the parents of the guy think? I'm worried that his parents will think of me as a whore or something...or be uncomfortable with the pregnancy/baby (if it's later)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dated a guy when i was pregnat but srictly dated , no sex, and then after i had my baby, we dated often and became a couple. I regret it, he is a loser and we lasted a year. But not all men turn out that way, that is my experience.
    Anonymous

• Hmm... that's a tough one... he knows your pregnant I take it right?!? If it were me I wouldn't rush into anything just cause having a baby alone is a life changing experience so you really need to focus on your baby, but it's really what you two feel comfortable with ya know.... sorry i'm not much help but good luck!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have had several people interested in dating me. Even though I'm 7 months pregnant, and have a 2 year old. I declined all their offers for anything but friendship. Another male friend of mine told me that some guys view pregnant women as easy targets. They figure, hey, no need for condoms. and since you are already knocked up, some guys view you as easy. If you do want to persue something make sure he's interested for the right reasons. Let him know before hand if you are not wanting a sexual relationship or if you want companionship above anything really serious and stressful. GL
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i have thing same thing im 20 and im now 39 weeks my baby daddy and i spilt out when i waz 1 mo and my BD best friend started to talk with me and we got together and we r happy and my family is happy for me to bcuz i have some1 that wants to b there for me and my baby even when its not his
    alvinysusana09

Answer by alvinysusana09 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• wow, i met a guy the day b4 i found out i was prego. First i felt no need to tel that i was pregnant. honesty i didnt think that we would make it past a few phone calls and i actually wasnt planning on contiuning my pregnancy. Ok, long story short we became realli close i ended up keeping my baby (best part of the story)... and he kinda took the place of my long lost n unwanted baby daddie. the friendship turned into more than friendship for about 1 yr after i had my daughter. since then (shez 3 now), we've still been in contact and we are still friends. everyone's situation is different, but it not written in stone anywhere that you shouldnt enjoy yourself because you're pregnant. If you are comfortable enough with this new guy, then just see wht happens. GUD LUKK;)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 10:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009