what is a good idea for a science fair?

my daughter has her first science fair this year it has to eaither be a model or a collection any ideas? im just not creative

medic_mom242

Asked by medic_mom242 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• make electricity out of lemons and oranges... its possible... look it up.... my dad did it for my brother, or taught him how anyways
    Anonymous

• I teach 4th grade, and we just had a science fair. There were loads of cool projects, but i think the best one was testing how much different brands of paper towels could hold-- Is Bounty really the quicker picker upper?
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• How about rate of growth? Do bigger seeds grow faster than smaller seeds? Do plants really prefer water over... gatorade? Cool-aid? Do the seeds of plants that look complicated grow faster than plants that seem simple?

I always liked the ugly stinky stuff-- my favorite was the mold experiment-- get different foods and see how fast they mold.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• How about showing how black markers really aren't black? 5 plastic cups, 5 strips of coffee filter, 5 different black markers & water. Cut strips about 2 inches wide out of the coffee filter and long enough to stick out of the cup. Draw a line about 3/4 way down from the top of the strip on each one. Fill each cup about 1/2 way with water, put the strip in the water with the black mark out of the water. Let the water wick up the filter and separate the colors out. What colors are they?
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 1:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• As an idea for a model, how about a Roman Aqueduct?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I liked the dancing raisin idea. I also saw one about what lind of light helps plants grow they used a light bulb a florescent light and then there was one with just sun light
    momoftwogirls

Answer by momoftwogirls at 8:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009