Wiccans, sorry but I have another question and I would like your opinion about this please.

Merry meet! Ok, I've posted tons of questions lately, I know lol. But I'm a bit nervous (in the excited kind of way) because I'm going to do my self dedication ceremony on the full moon this week. Anyway, I wanted your opinion about me doing it this week. I've only been studying very regularly for about 2 months now, but I've studied on and off for like 10 or 11 years. During this time, I've probably studied a total of about 3 years, maybe a little less. Do you think it would be wrong for me to dedicate now, since I've only been studying for a couple of months straight, or do you think it would be ok since I've had a basic understanding since I was a kid and I've studied on and off for so long? Also, if my husband isn't Wiccan, would it be wrong for him to be with me or assist me in any way during any rituals? He's kind of agnostic, leaning toward being Pagan, btw. Thanks ladies! Blessed be!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anons are being childish. Ignore them. If you would like to dedicate yourself it is a good thing, A dedication is merely to serve formal notice that you are embarking upon a period of studying all you can about your path and getting to know if it truly is the path you want to follow. During this dedication phase you will study the Gods and Goddesses, the Sabbats and the wheel of the year, and begin to do some simple spells, learning the structure of rituals, including calling the quarters, inviting the presence of the Goddess and gathering and sending forth energy, grounding yourself, and meditiation. If you would like your husband to be present, by all means invite him to join you. A dedication canbe as simple as a prayer by candlelight, or as elaborate as you wish. If you are doing this as a solitary, I would advise you to keep it somewhat simple so you don't forget something that you later might feel to be important.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think you must follow your heart.
    I did a dedication after a few months of study. I knew in my heart what I believed and who I was.

I also think if your hubby wants to participate and does so with good intentions it would be very nice. It is a spiritual experience and Im sure y ou both will find beauty in it.

BB

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 9:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• as a witch i would just say to you what is your heart telling you to do ? and anonymous i do not believe in satan satan is not witches grow up
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• A mirror is prolly your best friend huh?
    Anonymous

• If you feel that you are ready, then do so... and if your dh is (with all good intent) willing then why not...

Have a Blessed Dedication ritual....

BB
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i just wanted to say sorry for the ones being mean to you :( thats pretty sad....im not wiccan, im a satanist, but i have wiccan friends, and i would say if this feels like the right time for you i would go for it...also your hubby helping sounds like a great idea :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Ignore the Anons.

I think that a dedication now would be lovely. As pagan_mama said, this is actually your commitment to study and learning of the craft. This phase is traditionally a year and a day, so be sure to mark in on your calendar! After this period, you can make the choice to do a full initiation or not. Of course, if you are solitary, it's all relative anyway, LOL.

Good luck on your path!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• To the negative anon poster- if you are a Christian you are not showing the love of Christ or helping the cause of Christ
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• anonymous you need to grow up
    Anonymous

• Wow anon (not you 10:26), you are such a brave person, talking down to someone you don't know, online, AND you feel the need to hide. And for the record, Wiccans don't worship Satan. I don't even believe in Satan. I do believe in a higher power that is loving and welcoming and peaceful, and I must say that in 19 years I never felt that in the Christian religion. Have a nice day, hope you grow a pair tonight or at least get some common sense and respect for other people.

To everyone else, thank you so much!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009