What do you do when a friend is getting bashed in a CM chatroom?

I was on a chatroom and the other women were giving this poor girl a hard time. It got so bad that she ended up leaving the chatroom. After she left, the girls(I refuse to call them women because they weren't acting like it) started calling her all sorts of names. I stood up for her and was kicked out of the group. Did I do the right thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• You did the right thing!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes, you did the right thing!

Immature comment, Anon.

Anonymous

• You absolutely did the right thing. I have found that know matter WHERE these things occur n life, there will always be the "cliques" that stick together and gang up on the quiet ones. If she is your friend, then you did the right thing and if you feel that THEY were wrong, why would you want to be part of a group like that anyway???
    dlb99

Answer by dlb99 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We are all adults here n' we "should" be able 2handle ourselves. Well @ least I "think"??? She should've tooken up 4herself though. Sometimes saying nothing @ all speaks VOLUMES. Like u expressed though there's a difference between female, girl, lady n' woman................
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• yes - the same thing happened to me the other night with a girl that spelled 1 of the words wrong in her question. I was so mad. I went at it w/ other CM. Then I posted an FYI to everyone about it. You should look it up. I f you need help tell me and I will get it for you. :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Why is everyone writing IMMATURE COMMENT, ANON. ?????
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

-> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think you did the right thing. Its so annoying to me that this site has people that talk like this to other people. We are all mothers, what are we teaching our kids by talking down to other moms on here. Does it really make those people that do this that much better about themselves. that's just sad. Thats the reason I don't go into chats anymore and some of the groups I canceled because of this.
    Anonymous

• The internet Bully's need to go back to the bathroom and smoke a cig......
    Anonymous

• I didn't even know we had a chatroom in CM... not that I think I'd go.. the women bash each other enough on the boards sometimes. But more often than not someone nice comes along and does an inbetween thing because some people just don't realize that their way of thinking isn't the only view there is.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009