Have you ever had a computer telemarketer call you and........

PUT YOU ON HOLD IMMEDIATLY!!!!!

How do they get away with this. I say "hello" and the automation comes on and says "your call is very important to us, please stay on hold for an important message"

I'm like: to heck with that, if its that important, get a LIVE telemarketer to talk to me NOW.

UGGGG....I feel better lol

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 9:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, I completely agree! I hate that and always hang up immediately!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Its an auomatic dialer system... they do not make the callls, it is automated, so not their fault really btu still VERY annoying I always say you think if they have a very important message, someone would be there when I pick up - LOL
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 9:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• it happens all the time to me - im in mass
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• oh yah - i hang right up mumbling (asshole) ha!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I pick up the phone and say hello. If someone doesn't answer immediately I hang up. Telemarketers must be watching several phones, is my thought, and if they don't respond immediately because of this or any other reason, too bad.

Answer by Bmat at 9:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yeah this happens to me and I hate it. Then they come on after putting you on hold and say
    "Can I help you?" I tell them... I don't know, you called me!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• lol I have one that calls my phone almost every day for my deceased father and they do the same thing so now when they call I answer and hit the mute button and laugh while they say hello for a good min lol I have told them that he has passed but they dont want to listen so I figured I will make them mad maybe they will quit calling lol

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 9:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes, and I hang up.
    Also, when I answer the telephone with a couple of hello's and get no response, I hang up. I just know it is a telemarketer waiting to make sure a human is answering before clicking onto the line and giving their spiel.
    I wish telemarketer phone numbers could get spammed like email....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Used to but I put my cell on the National No Call List and no one bothers me anymore. But, I would just hang up. If a real person can't talk to me then they aren't going to talk to me at all.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009