what can i do to go into labor

i walk it anit helping

alvinysusana09

Asked by alvinysusana09 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let your body do the work, no need to rush things if its not time.
    momof2boys0507

Answer by momof2boys0507 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• have sex and let your husband cum inside you and stimulate your nipples. i also heard eating spicy food works too
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 9:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Have sex, go for a walk or stimulate your nipples.
    Anonymous

• have sex.. not nice sex i mean get worked up and get a little rough with it...not too rough but enough to shake things up a little..
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yeah I did the whole sex deal with my husband for 2 weeks with no luck. I threw up spicy foods and walking did nothing. Sit on a exercise ball and rock back and forth, do squats and stairs to open your pelvis. Also if your dilated and effacing you can try castol oil if your contracting. It will give you the shits and will help bring on contractions if its time. Also rub the arches of your feet for 5 minutes or have your husband do it, then nipple stimulation also helps.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• im 39 weeks i tryed alot im just getting tried and i dont no what esle to do i walk and have sex the other things never try
    alvinysusana09

Answer by alvinysusana09 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think there's nothing you can really do but wait. Both of my kids were early, but my friend's were late (one was 13 days late). You can talk to your doctor about inducing labor if you are really that uncomfortable. Since you're so close, they may let you. I know my friend's having baby number 3 induced. They said they'll set a date between 38 and 40 weeks and let her have it. This way she won't have to worry about a fast labor (last one was born in 30 min) and will be able to plan time off work and such.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 10:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• At your next appointment ask them to strip your membranes if your dilated any. I went into labor 3 days later. It doesn't hurt the baby in any way, its just help to thin things out for you. If your 39 weeks you can hold on for another week. If you haven't gone into labor by 40 weeks talk to them about your induction. Most hospitals and doctors have to wait until week 40 unless its a second or third pregnancy and you've had complications or they can see that your babies have been healthy. They usually wont do it unless there is a medical need such as large babies or high blood pressure. You only have a week left.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Doctor suggested lots of sex because the sperm has "something" that helps induce labor so it's not the action of sex but the sperm that does the trick.
    Anonymous

• This is what I did to put myself into labor. I ran a warm bath and stimulated my nipples while soaking within a few hours I was in the hospital getting ready to have ds2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2009