How do I sooth my daughter with colic?

My daughter is almost 7 weeks old. She cries non stop, sometimes for hours on end. I have tried everything that I know, to try and sooth her soo she wouldn't cry anymore, but it just doesn't seem to work. I need help I don't know what else to do.

mysoldier5

Asked by mysoldier5 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter cries a lot too but I don't think it's colic. She's just one of those babies who needs to be held ALL THE TIME. I wear a sling and it helps. I ordered something called colic calm when I thought she was colicky, it's supposed to work. Also, try getting the book or DVD 'Happiest Baby on the Block." You can even watch the methods on youtube. My husband does it on our daughter and she calms down immediately, it really works. Hang in there. I know how you feel. I have a crier, too.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 9:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Chamomile tea helped my son and niece.

Chamomile tea. Chamomile combines antispasmodic and sedative properties and may relieve intestinal cramping and induce relaxation at the same time. In fact, chamomile contains 19 different antispasmodic constituents, as well as five sedative ones. To make a cup of tea: Place 1 teaspoon chamomile flowers in a cup and fill with boiling water. Cover and let stand for ten minutes. Strain and, while warm or at room temperature, give to the infant in a bottle. A nursing mother may also drink the tea, unless she is allergic to pollens. Prepackaged chamomile tea bags may be used instead of flowers.
    Anonymous

• Like danielp said, a lot of the time colic is really a baby needing more from the mother than an average baby. What worked for me was round the clock breastfeeding. If I wasn't breastfeeding, I had her in a sling and I was constantly walking. Switching back and forth between those two activities is the only thing that calmed her down.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 9:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I've heard to put a peppermint candy in a little warm water and let them drink it. Have you tried baby massage? That worked for our daughter and it was a god send for sure. We would give her a nice warm bath, then would put her in a diaper and then use lavender baby oil and start on her back and work our way to her stomach, arms and feet. Have you tried the gas drops to make sure its not excess gas as well? GOOD LUCK
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My 6 week old cried and cried. If she wasnt asleep then she was crying even when holding her. We just recently switched to soy about 3 days ago (I have milk allergies and the doc thinks she might also). I have a happy little girl that coos and smiles now, even a few giggles. Its been a complete 360 with her. From 5.5 weeks of non-stop crying to 3 days of a happy baby that is starting to sleep 6-7 hours at night. Talk to your doctor about possible milk allergies. Good luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Gripe Water! It works wonders...you can get it at any drug store or online probably cheaper.
    Orchid7

Answer by Orchid7 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009