tight feeling

so last night I started getting this feeling of my stomach getting real tight there wasn't really any pain just tightness, I'm 25 weeks by the way. Is this normal or what is it? what should I do?

Mrs.Jolly

Asked by Mrs.Jolly at 9:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That, my dear, might be your first contractions. I'm not 100% because I'm not a doctor and everyone is different, but I had contractions my whole pregnancy......from about 8 weeks on. My whole uterus would get tight, and hard, especially after intercourse. Talk to your doctor asap, and just let doc know that it's happening. They might want to check things out. Good luck hun.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• its most likely braxton hicks contractions if it happens too much try drinking more water if you get too dehydrated it can cause this also
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me, completely normal, you'll know when its the real thing. When you feel it again, lay down on your left side, this should help it go away. =)
    momof2boys0507

Answer by momof2boys0507 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh you feeling your first braxton hicks . You going to feel them for now on. Make sure to drink plenty of water even if you don't want to , because those braxton contractions could turn to real contractions from dyhration. Even though they are uncomforable , that are just priming the body for your big day. I'm having one now as we talk about it. (8 months now) But always let your Dr. know when you have more then 6 hr or when you have any concerns. They know best. Make sure to mention them anyway at your next visit.
    missmack084

Answer by missmack084 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009