how long does lust last?

so i am inlove with my ex and everybody is telling me its lust. truethfully he dosent last long! i've known this man for five years and it seems a love him more than ever. we both are with someone else and live in different states. we both arent happy with our so and we come from broken homes. we want to be together but we dont want to put our kids through what we went through. be honest i dont get buut hurt for reading what i need to hear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• lust lasts for as long as you allow it to.
    Try to work it out w/ whoever you are with now.
    You may think your unhappy but it may be because of you thinking abt your ex
    so the first step would be forgetting him.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• sometimes we want what we can't have?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• not too long - it slowly fades and then, if its meant to be it turns to love. 4-6 months.

Ah gad, it sounds like i am writing a sappy love song. :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• for me lust lasted 2 years. then it really made us see our relationship on a deeper level. it made us closer but also was harder. I think if you are not narried then go for it. if u are then think really hard about this and do what will make u happy cuz when you are happy your kids are happy!! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• as long as it's what the both of u want it's gonna last.
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• there is a saying not to go back to like the dog that vomits and then eats it. Move on, its a thing of the past and sounds Like Lust, If you both have been involved sexually with other partners since..Its definitely time to cut the cord. You shouldn't even be talking to him right now anyway! That is considered the early stages of cheating! I would be pissed to find my bf even TALKING to an Ex. He would be in category--Cheating. The ex's are an ex for a reason..the thing of the pass dont go back to it move on with your life- Sounds like lust in all honesty.Im not trying to bash you.
    PajamaMama246

Answer by PajamaMama246 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009