How can I get my two year old to let me take him potty?

My son is two years old and we have just begun potty training him about two weeks ago. Everytime I try to take him potty he refuses and insists that his daddy take him. It's all fine but his daddy works and I can't get him to let me take him while his daddy is at work. How can I get him to let me take him potty?

mysoldier5

Asked by mysoldier5 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe have Daddy tell him that its okay to let you do it..? Sorry im not there with my kids yet, so i dont have very good advice. lol. good luck
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Take him plane and simple. Stand outside the door or turn your back but let him know he has no choice because daddy isn't there. He will get it if you stay consistent with him and let him know your the parent. If he doesn't let you take him then make him take himself and you peek in on him.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Let him play with something special while on the potty. Something he's not usually allowed to have (not something unsafe, of course). My daughter got to hold "mommy's lipstick" (it was chapstick, actually, and totally empty so she couldn't get any out). Maybe that wouldn't be totally exciting for anyone but my silly daughter, but I'm sure you can think of the equivalent. And you let him have it while he's on the potty, but Dad doesn't. Dad can even say, when he requests it, "no, that's only for when you sit on the potty for mommy."
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Make the daddy do it. HEHEHE J/K
    Tweetybird5595

Answer by Tweetybird5595 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2009