do you fight with your spouce?

i've been married for three years and live with my husband for 4. i tink all together we have been in 4 fights. most of the time i just bottle up my feelings. he always says he dosent want to talk cuz he dont feel like fighting. i feel like i dont love him anymore, is it cuz i keep all my feelings inside. is it better to fight than not say anything at all? and the 4 fights we have been in arent even that bad just like u make me mad dont talk to me , and dont speak for 2 days. does that really count as a fight? sometime i just want to tell him off!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes
    Anonymous

• Yes we fight, sometimes more than once a week! You should not keep you feelings inside. This is something I have had to overcome.
    momof2boys0507

Answer by momof2boys0507 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes it counts as a fight or disagreement. You should say whats on your mind, it may start an argument or disagreement but it is much healthier to say whats on your mind.
    Anonymous

• Yes, thats why were in counseling. Our therapist says fighting or arguing is normal and healthy because you are two different people. If you bottle up the issues then you tend to blow up over things that are not really bothering you but its a cop out to what is bothering you. So talk to him about it when its bothering you instead to avoid a fight later on. That is what we have been told and its working. If he says no he doesn't want to talk then say okay I will give you 15 minutes and I will come talk to you then or vise versa. Take the time to cool down so you don't yell and once your clam and have your thoughts ready go to him and if he isn't ready give him another 15 minutes but let him know before you hit the bed that night the problem will be discussed and solved. GOOD LUCK
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think arguing is different then fighting. Arguing with your husband is normal. Letting him know how you feel is healthy, better then keeping it inside. Not talking to him for 2 days doesnt help I think either. Just tell him I don't want to argue with you but I need to tell you how i feel because it is bugging me. If you are mad about something,cool off then talk to him. don't keep it inside it will just drive you crazy if it hasnt already
    Anonymous

• I get mad at mine, and I know he gets mad at me, but we don't fight or argue. When I'm mad I just dont' say anything till I'm not mad anymore, or atleast calmed down a lot. I use my anger to get things done. The madder I get the cleaner my house or vehicle is (depending on if he's home).
    Nice rule of thumb... don't say something today you'll wish you could take back tomorrow. The scars on the heart never completely heal and words do so much more damage than fists ever can.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• actually fighting is bad, but the outcome makes you closer if you are strong enought, we dont fight, we get into disagreements, at least once a day but we talk about why and concerns to fix things up.

www.MamaDoesIt.tk
    PajamaMama246

Answer by PajamaMama246 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2009