What is the best way to put this?

ok my dh wants to do sidejobs and he has been doing concrete for 20yrs and he does sidewalks,driveways,stamped and stain concrete and more... what would be a creative way to make a advertisement of the work he does ....to get side jobs and eventually he wants to make it into his own business

Mamaof2010

Asked by Mamaof2010 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Post something on craigslist and go to local business that get a ton of business and make up flyers and see if you can leave some. Get his name out there. Maybe get a magnet for the car, like the driving billboards.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• well i know that i just want some creative ways to put it
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• When doing hair I got alot of new business from Craigslist. Go to Vistaprint.com and make some free flyers. They have flyers, post cards, car magnets, yard signs, tshirts, hats and etc. Once you order they start sending you emails for free stuff almost daily. I would suggest making a more personalized advertisement with samples of his work and maybe a pic of him. They get more attention that just a free postcard with all writing and a generic look.Summer is coming and this is a perfect time for the business that he does. Even try adding a coupon on the flyer and do a referral incentive.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• yes i just need a Creative way to put the advertisement.....
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Does he have a business name? PM me on my page if you like Ive been making ads for years for myself lol Maybe I can help more.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 11:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I know that places like Home Depot and Lowe's hire contractors for customers looking for semi-DIY projects--like wood floor or tile installation, light remodeling projects, etc. I believe they still have "job boards" where you can post a flier and or business card. I would ask the store manager or see someone in the Builder's Supply/Contractor area. I know that at one point Home Depot hired specialty contractors to actually work in related departments during the "off season" which would often lead to business leads from customers--not sure if they still do that, but it's worth a try!

You can make FREE business cards on your computer, and buy the perforated printer cards from an office supply store, and of course, make fliers on your computer as well! If you keep and itemize your receipts for fliers and business cards (paper, toner, stamps, mileage, etc.) you can write those expenses (or portion thereof) off your taxes!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I know what you are saying mamaof2010. you want something like " vinny's concrete does a solid days work", or
    "Vinny knows where the side walk ends
    but it doesn't have to
    Vinny's Concrete".

not the best I know, but it will steer you in the right direction.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Does he have pictures of his work?
    will former customers sing his praises?
    Word of mouth is a HUGE help
    Advertising is the #1 way to get customers
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• i think she is looking for wording advice?
    Like how to type it up on the flyer. Sounds like you know where to go to advertise, just not what exactly to say....MythicMMM had a couple cute ideas
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• When making up flyers, come up with a nice logo and a company name. I know at this point he is only looking for side jobs, but he still wants to look professional. Use the same name and logo on some business cards. Vista Print is a great source for cards at very low prices. They often run a special on free cards. You can pay a little extra and not have "vista print" on the back .
    also having a portfolio of his work to show clients can go a long ways in showing what type of work he has done. Get some good shots and have them printed to 5x7 and 8x10. Put them in a nice photo album.

Good luck and keep up posted.
    livinghealthy

Answer by livinghealthy at 8:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2009