I HAD A MISCARRIAGE AT 15 WEEKS IN MAY 14 I WAS WONDERING IS IT SAFE TTC AFTER THE FIRST CYCLE I HAD A D&C THE SAME DAY AND JUST STARTED MY PERIOD SHOULD I WAIT OR HAS ANYONE HAD SUCCESS

NAVAEH2

Asked by NAVAEH2 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry for your misfortune. I wish you all the luck. When I miscarried I was advised to wait 2 normal periods after my D&C, I don't know if that was as a precaution or what but we waited, tried again and had success. Good luck to you
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would wait. I lost twins at 16 weeks, Im terribly sorry for your loss. They told me to wait at least 6 months to ttc again. And I did. But all of the people that I have known that have ttc again after a miscarrige have been told to wait till after their second cycle. I wish you luck. It is possible to conceive a healthy baby afterward.... I had a 9lb baby after my MC
    HannahandSarah

Answer by HannahandSarah at 2:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I am sorry for your loss. I think this a question best answered by your doctor.
    marmie41

Answer by marmie41 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It's generally recommended that you wait 6 months to concieve after a miscarriage to ensure that you body has had time to fully adjust to their change and is ready to handle another pregnancy. But some doctors will tell you sooner. (Actually, I heard in a group recently that one doctor told a woman to wait a fiull year.) Either way, if it were me, I'd wait. The healthier you are, the better. And giving yourself more time to recover will give you the best results.
    Pandana

Answer by Pandana at 2:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Do whatever you feel comfy with. I waited at least one cycle. My friend had a D&C and was pregnant again b4 she even had another cycle. And baby was fine BTW. So everyone is different and if you're ready to try go for it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008