Has anyone completed a Down Syndrome test during the 13 week of pregnancy?

I am so sad. We found out today through our ultrasound, our baby has a thick growth on the back of the head, plus a large heart and belly. The blood test was also done today, but I do not have the results. I believe in my doctor, the tech and nurse. They all saw the symptons and my doctor said that he felt pretty sure that it was Down's. I am 36 and very scared. We will have the baby, it's a gift from God, but I wanted to see if anyone else had a doctor that, by looking at the ultrasound, thought their baby had Down's?

karalee73

Asked by karalee73 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Theblood test you took has a high false positive result. So even if it comes back positive there is no way to know until you do the actualy testing which I dont know anything about. I wish you the best
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I had a friend who had an ultrasound with your same results and the baby turned out fine. I'll be thinking of you.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 10:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009