what is the one thing you wish someone would have told you about being a mother or being prego?

so, whats the one thing you wish someone would have warned you about, about being a mom, wife, or just being prego in general?....me? I wish some one would have told me that after kids, i would have a pouch of skin left over and that it would make me look like a kangaroo, also, that after kids, my once nice round boobs would fall and when i sit they would touch my belly button!! nice yeah i know!!

jesussaves424

Asked by jesussaves424 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That crazy thoughts would cross your mind at some point in time when you've reached your breaking point, that babies change your relationship with your spouse, and that 5 minutes alone would feel like a vacation.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 10:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The loss of sleep. I had a perfect life planned, a house SAHM would get up early go shopping, clean.. get kids to school .;....cook,play .. HAHA.. dreaming..
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That the expression "sleep like a baby" isn't a good one. I'd rather not sleep like a baby because mine never sleeps. :)

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i knw that feeling, but who has time to dream>hahaha
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Babies don't break... enjoy them...!!
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That your house doesn't have to be perfectly neat and clean, instead you should relax and enjoy your child(ren) because they grow too fast!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i wish that someone would have told me that at 18 i wouldnt be ready! i wasnt but i did the best i could!! i wish they would hav told me about the soreness and weird feelings you hav about your body about 3-6 days after birth. I also wish someone would have told me how my heart would break when my babies are sick and as a mom all i can do is try to love them and give them meds and after all that, i still cant take it away from them.
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• that mother in laws SUCK! (sometimes)
    Anonymous

• That pregnancy is not all joy and rosiness. My first three months really sucked. I was sick as a dog, exhausted, and completely useless. I was starving but throwing up, I was soooo tired but couldnt' sleep, and if I could finally poop-- it came out in explosions of diarrhea!!

I really thought.. morning sickness? It'll pass... fatigue? I'll just slow down... constipation? I'll just eat more fiber! Yeah-- right!!! I was completely useless for nearly three months solid.

Anonymous

• That its ok to not always like your kid. Its ok to have postpartum and it doesn't make you a worthless mother.
    Its ok to have to go to another room when you can take one more minitue.
    that its ok to sleep when they're sick and your worried.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009