how do you do it???(for moms of two children under two)

Ok so I found out im pregnant again and dd is only 6 months and three weeks old and im not sure how im going to do this any advice would be great!!!IS it hard or would you not have it anyother way!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a friend that has triplets and she got pregnant when the triplets were 1.5 years old. She says lots of help. Her sister moved in with her and her mom was over every single day when the baby was born.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well i dont have two of my own but i do have an 11 month old and i watch a 2 year old.and that isnt so bad, because the 2 year old can do almost everything for herself (even though she sometimes doesnt). i personally wouldnt want my kids as close as yours, but what are you going to do now?! LOL however, i have heard two is no different than one. the hard part is going to be that you cant really go anywhere by yourself...or atleast i wouldnt, because neither will be able to walk without holding hands, and getting all the stuff that you need to go out...WOW i dont even want to think about it! I am trying to decide if i want to try for another baby this summer and that would put my daughter at being 2 when another baby is born. Good luck. I wish you all the best!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Of course it's hard, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!! I found out I was pregnant shortly after my daughter turned 8 months, but they were only 15 months apart when my second daughter was born. Even though it was planned, I had a hard time accepting the idea right at first because my little girl was so young, I worried about not having enough alone time with her first, etc. Believe me, so much will change in 9 months! She'll be so grown up compared to now. And believe me, first born children figure out how to dominate your time no matter what. Second fear: won't be able to give enough attention to the new baby. Well, somewhat founded, but I just wore her around and chased after my toddler. You don't have to spend all day staring into your newborn's eyes for her to know you love her. Third worry: logistics. And yes, it's hard. Think you're good at multi-tasking now? Just wait. (to be cont'd)

EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I started asking hubby when my son was 3 months old for another one... this is exactly what I wanted. he said no. my son is almost 13 months and I'm still begging for baby number 2. :) lol
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• (cont'd from previous) Some days I feel like I'm gonna lose it, but most days just feel pretty normal actually. You get used to it pretty quickly. My youngest is 7 months now, oldest is 22 months. They're utterly infatuated with one another. We hardly had any jealousy issues in the beginning (I've hear this gets harder after 18 months), and shortly after she was born, I don't think she could remember not having a sister. I think it's only going to get more and more fun as they grow and can interact even more. I love it! Good luck! Oh, and take ANY help that's ever offered! lol
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i got preggo w #2 when DD was 3 months..it was rather easy the 2nd time around becuase i knew what i was doing by the time #2 came around and was used to getting up all through the night. you just have to get used to do everything x2..you think you're gonna go crazy, my dd's will be 2 months shy of being 3 and 4 and im about to pop Another girl in 10 days!!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• my 2nd dd was born 10 days before my 1st dd's 1st birthday
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• one day at a time, im soon to be a mom of 3 under 3. Its not so bad :)
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• help is good... i have a 22 month old and a 4 month old, and my hubby is deployed, and i have three dogs and a home to care for, as well. *sigh* cafemom is my refuge lol
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• oh, and since we are military, we aren't stationed near any of our family, and i only have one friend here. its tough, but you learn to deal with it
    llansky