Are the signs obvious enough...?

If someone was using some type of hardcore drug (crystal meth in particular) would it be obvious that there was SOMETHING out of the ordinary about their behavior or is it easy to hide?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• It would be VERY obvious, This I know. Some people can hind it at first but then it takes control and then they get out of control.
    mika0216

Answer by mika0216 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• haha its easy, you just have to know the signs. They have wierd ticks.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 10:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• So if someone was using crystal meth on a regular basis, you would notice the abnormalities in their behavior?
    Anonymous

• My friend worked for a drug rehab place as a web designer. Her husband was a user for about 4 years before she figured it out. I guess he was really good at hiding it or she just never thought to look for those sort of problems at home.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 10:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My ex was on meth. He was irritable when he was coming down. So about 2-3 days we fought like cats and dogs. He always was fidgeting or moving his hands- drawing is mainly what he did. If he smokes it, teeth will become black and rotted out. Sores all over the body. Stealing would eventually happen. Their a totally different person.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm the original poster...so to fill in the story....my husband and I are going through a separation over various different issues, and then last night I found out that he has been using crystal meth. When I look back, I DEFINITELY notice many of the signs associated with its use...but he tells me that an ex-friend of his is the one who started him on it and is a regular user...but I can't name ONE sign that would incline me to think he actually does use. My husband is on a vindictive hate campaign against this guy because he has befriended me since our separation, and I have ZERO reason to trust my husband after all his actions over the last year and a half. So I guess my question is...could this guy really be THAT good at hiding all of the symptoms of usage?
    Anonymous

• here's an idea... tell the friend what the hubby said... and ask him if it's true and then ask if he'd back it up by a home test? They sell them in the grocery stores now for us parents to keep up with whether or not our kids are using, or maybe partners... someone in the house is using... find out who's lying if it matters to you but my guess is, your hubby is lying...
    The one thing I notice with people using is they're nervous acting and they're all the time picking at their skin so they have sores everywhere when it's past occassional use.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yea, I had to x-ray several people a few years back who were obviously on something...I finally asked what was wrong with these patients...I was told they had alot of meth addicts. They are freaky, shaky, and act VERY paranoid.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It depends on what type of user you are. How long you've been using as well. I'd think
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I never knew when my x was on it in the beginning of our relationship. It took me years to figure it out. Then I divorced him.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009