Your parents?

Do you ever see your parents with your child/kids and think where the hell were they when I was growing up? I mean my son can get away with anything just short of murder and my parents think it's cute or funny or he's just being a boy. But if I did that when I was a kid they would have killed me. It's just so funny to watch them because he has them both wrapped around his little finger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my parents are like that too w our son... we live w them & everyday I watch as he gets away with EVERYTHING. I step in if its something I feel strongly about but for the most part I think its funny. they do so much for him & he loves it. if me or dh say no he knows to ask gma or papa (they say no too but blame us lol) the best is now when he wakes up at night he cries for them & I let him go get them & sit on the couch & say 'well you spoil him' :)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• its thanks to the joy of being a grandparent. you can spoil a kid, and hand him back to his parents when he's crying or needs his diaper changed. i'd be much happier with my kids too lol if i didn't have to deal with any of the negative/icky stuff!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I was spoiled and they do it to my son. I, on the other hand, don't want my kid to be as spoiled as I was. So it pisses me off more than anything.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Its just a grandparent thing. Weren't your grandparents extra nice to you, and let you get away with anything... Because it is no longer their job to discipline and correct "naughty" behavior. It's all in your hands now, they get to do the FUN part, and one day when your little one has kids, you will get to enjoy the FUN part! LOL. That is how my parents explained it to me when I confronted them about letting my daughter do whatever she wanted... =) It actually made sense though!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• 0o0o yea and to the person who mentioned about it being 'the granparents job' that's so true. my mom jokingly told me she wouldve jumped straight to having grandkids & passed up the kid part if she knew it would be this much fun HAHAHA I love my family!!!
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We live 2500 miles from both sets of Grandparents, so I don't mind my daughter being spoiled. It's actually nice because we get care packages a lot, and they always throw something in for hubby and me. lol Plus I get more visits than my big brother, because she's the only grandchild, so I trump all siblings.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I hate that my mom spoils her grandkids, but my grandma spoiled us rotten too. I love it though.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My parents spend very little time with my boys. They just aren't warm and fuzzy grandparents. Its their loss.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• As grandparents, it's their "job" to love the hell out of your kids. They've all ready done the hard parenting, now it's their turn to just enjoy the kids!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 10:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My mom lets my kid do anything and thinks its all cute. Anyways I'm ok with it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009