Do you believe in the rapture? If so how do you define it?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Many people do not have a clue really, Amber even Christians. Mike Bickle has done an extensive study on the scriptures and its not just in Rev. but all over the bible. Really blew my mind and another guy did a study on what 666 truly means and that is a mind blower. Yet it makes total sense to me as a believer.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Nope. It's not biblical.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No, God said the Wicked will be torn away from the Earth and the Righteous are left over in it Psalms 37:9-11, 29 and Proverbs 2:22....

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• In a sense. The rapture is the time when the saved are taken up into heaven during the 1000 years evil is unleashed on earth before the battle at Megedon (better known as the battle of Armegedon). Its a place and not a battle. I think I spelled it wrong though. Revelation tells us a lot of strange and wonderful things. I do believe there will be an end time. I believe there will be a battle and the faithful will be taken up. I don't think we wait, as some faiths do, in our grave for the rapture. I think we get our reward at death. The rapture will be those who are still living. The faithful will be taken to keep them from having to endure the evil. It will be instantaneous and painless.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• not counting those who are called the First fruits (and are in the first resurrection) to God and rule with Christ over the earth, they are the only ones I believe who will go to heaven...
    See, Jesus himself was raised by God on the third day after his death. (Acts 2:32; 10:40) He was resurrected to heavenly life as a spirit creature. (1 Pet. 3:18) Jesus was thus the “first fruits” of those who would experience what is called “the earlier resurrection from the dead,” or “the first resurrection.” (1 Cor. 15:20-23; Phil. 3:11; Rev. 20:6) This is a resurrection to spirit life to rule in heavenly glory with Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:43, 44) However, the Bible shows that only 144,000 persons will share in this “earlier resurrection” to heavenly life. (Rev. 14:1-3)
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• 1 Thessalonians 4
    16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes, I do. Before the 2nd coming of Christ, the church will be raptured out. It talks of two being in the field, one left and the other taken. I can't remember the exact verse right now though. I see it as the church is called up to be with Jesus, then at the battle of armageddon we will fight with Him against Satan and then live eternally with Him.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 10:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• * jennijune_21
    "Nope. It's not biblical."

This is a perfect example of a person having utterly NO CLUE what they are talking about. The bible (particularly the final book, Revelation) does go into quite specific detail about the rapture and the following tribulation period before the Glorious Appearing of Christ.

amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure. Going thru a transition in my religious life, and this is interesting to read.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't believe in it. The idea as presented that people will just, POOF, be gone off the face of the earth, selectively, I don't buy it. I simply cannot picture a mother standing one second holding her baby and POOF in another second she is gone but the baby is left. No way. Personally, I simply don't see the great benefit of being dead yet alive in heaven. I would rather be alive on earth, living in paradise, where there will be peace, no death, no illness. But, none of us will truly know until the day and the time comes. We will just have to wait and see.
    Msaural

Answer by Msaural at 2:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2009