What's the cost for infant care in San Diego?

My daughter is about 6 months and I need to start looking for child care. Any recommendation. And what are you paying in your area?

denswife

Asked by denswife at 10:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I pay $185/week for home day care. Another lady charged $250 which included formula and that was cool, but I didn't need it. When I looked into Child Care Centers, KinderCare was $331/week and La Petite was $345. So...home day care it is! These are all full time prices because for some odd reason it's illegal to do part time infant care in CA.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It all depends on the location, private provider and or center you choose. Sometimes its cheaper to go with a in home sitter or daycare. They have to follow all center guidelines but charge half the price. It also depends on the number of hours you will have here there. It can range usually 400 to 700 a month depending on time at the center/ home or where you take her.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Ohok so it's not as bad as I thought it would be in Cali. Whew, my husband is from there and is thinking of going back.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009