Looking for a loving home for a small dog! Interested?

We have a wonderful, cute & well behaved small dog. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She is 31/2 years old. Very good with kids. Sleeps in her kennel every night. Just a love! Mostly an inside dog.

So why are we looking for a home for her? We have two big dogs a Shepherd 2-1/2 and a Doberman 1-1/2. Right now the small dog is the top dog! She gets to eat first & have the run of the house. She weighs in at a whopping 8lbs! The Shepherd is challenging the top dog spot! She steps on the small dog & is not being the nice one.

Cavalier was bought for our daughter to get out of my bed. Worked well. My husband likes the big dogs much more protective.

So we are looking for a home for our darling "Angel Princess" preferably in California or close to - will bring or meet to the right person.

Anyone in need of a little extra love in their life? She is a very good dog. email for pictures at dreamteam@bealegacy.com

LegacyKimberley

Asked by LegacyKimberley at 10:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Have you thought about bringing in a behaviorist to help you gain control of your pack so they can all live peacefully and you will not have to get rid of one of your dogs? If you have someone come in to help you understand and teach you how to be the leader and to show your dogs you will not allow or tolerate any turmoil between them, you can make it work, and keep your dog family intact. You can find behaviorists in your area at www.apdt.com
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• You could work this situation out. I agree with KTMom. You are the leader of the Pack and when the bigger dog tries for alpha position by stepping on this pup, you need to do a correction.

My one sheltie has always been alpha. We have a 9 mo poochon and he has tried for the alpha (or feeling his oats). I only tolerate a certain amount of pack positioning. I interfer if it is more than a slight growl. She sounds like too much of a sweetie to give away.
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Thank you ladies for your advice. Please note that I understand all of that your saying to be true. My husbands family has been doing dog training for will over 35 years and we have done the work with all of these dogs.

I am the Alpha Dog and the main reason I am choosing to find her a home is because in order for her to remain top dog she will need to get agressive to maintain that space. If you knew this dog who is a great love that would not be in her best interest. She is a snuggly, loving and just all around love.

I have stepped in as the Alpha dog everyday for over 6 months now working to preserve her gentle spirit. When we were away for vacation last month our oldest son kept "Angel Princess" while we were away. When he brought her back the day before we arrived home the shepherd laid into her and she ended up bleeding from the mouth. She deserves better than that.

Thank you for your ideas and support.
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2009